Casting Call – The 13th Hour
“THE LIGHTHOUSE ON CROOKED MAN ISLAND”
Deadline: September 2, 2014
We are looking for volunteer voice actors (this is a NON-PAID, VOLUNTEER ONLY gig) to voice parts in upcoming productions. The most recent episode, “Lighthouse on Crooked Man Island”, is the third in a series of short stories written by young and aspiring writers as part of the Poudre River Public Library District‘s Short, Short Spooky Story Contest. This episode is slated for October 13, 2014.
Giant Gnome Productions, in a special partnership with the Poudre River Public Library District, will be adapting and producing the short stories into audio dramas and releasing them as part of our 13th Hour Anthology.
Remember, this is a non-paid, volunteer-only production. If you would like to submit an audition, please follow the guidelines below. Thank you, and happy recording!
- For this production, please use only the audition lines below.
- Auditions will only be accepted in CD QUALITY .WAV or 192 kbps .MP3 format.
- Please make sure there are no pops, hisses, scratches, etc. in your recording.
- The quality of recording will have an impact on whether you are cast or not.
- The auditions for this production will end: September 2, 2014 for all roles.
- We will accept reâ€auditions on a case-by-case basis. Please put your best effort forward.
- Please send all auditions and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE — Label the audition files like this: CHARACTERNAME_YOURNAME.MP3/WAV
- If you submit more than one audition, please send them in a zip file.
- PLEASE – preface your audition with your full name so we know how to pronounce it.
- DAVIS GILBERT: Male. Mid 60’s. Creepy old lighthouse keeper. Freaks people out.
- NARRATOR: Male or female, mid 20’s. Adventuresome, smart.
- MILES GILBERT: Male. Mid 20’s. Jittery, sullen, morose.
- DAVIS GILBERT:
- Line 1: Miles, Heading out, got some things need done Southerly.
- Line 2: Always got to be someone to man the lighthouse.
- Line 1: Rather than sit and listen to the atrocity of him eating, I lit a cigarette by the sink and pored over the letter.
- Line 2: Buck up man, if it’ll make you feel better, I’ll go with you.
- MILES GILBERT:
- Line 1: I hate this place. *pause* OH GOD, WAS THAT A SPIDER OR A DOG?!
- Line 2: *through tears* I’m sorry, we have to go up.
Good luck and happy recording!!